Monday 27 February 2012

Someday You'll Be Fine.



In my seminar today we briefly touched upon the issue of desire, and how desire is about wanting something that is absent. Sometimes I wonder what the person who ''has it all'' desires. Does anybody really have it all? and if anybody does, do they know it? We all want that higher grade, to be that one stone lighter, Carrie Bradshaw's wardrobe, and that special someone who seems to be completely out of our reach.

I wish I could stop desiring things, but then if I did, would that signify me giving up hope? I don't think desire and hope are two mutually exclusive things, but at the moment I feel a little low on hope. I'm not 100% sure where I'm going, and I'm unsure whether I'll find what it is I'm looking for. However, I'm putting more effort into my work, I've made some apologies and lent myself to some volunteer work. I guess I hope that if I do enough good deeds, it'll generate some positive karma towards me.

No comments:

Post a Comment