Thursday 26 April 2012

Higher than the empire state.

I've neglected this blog somewhat due to me dedicating my time to my new and more humorous blog: http://makinguseofmydegree.wordpress.com/
However, I have returned to keep you updated on things, and let you know what's been going on in my little life. Bascally, I've been preparing myself for next year which looks to be HECTIC, so good time management is going to be essential to ensure I do not flounder. Here's what I've got planned for next year:


1) Work on the uni magazine more I've applied to be the features editor and I really hope I get the position for next year as I've contributed a lot in the past year, and I have so many ideas for it. It's the section of the magazine I'm most passionate about and I want to make it the best section of the magazine.


2)Work for lsutv An email reached my inbox about some roles for the Loughborough student's union television and I'm eager to get involved. Next year I intend to get involved with the television aspect more, but I'm going to the media centre tomorrow to find out what I can do for the remaining weeks we have.


3)Take up Mandarin I'm so so happy I switched to Spanish; my teacher is really nice and I find it much easier to pick up than French. However, my Dad has been telling me to choose Mandarin next year, I want to stick to Spanish but I've decided to a fast track of Mandarin next year which will take up two hours a week of my evenings, on top of the work load I'll already have and all the extra stuff I want to do.


4 Shake up the Belly Dancing Society I'm now treasurer of the society and the committee has so many plans to bring it back to life. It means learning all the routines,thinking of new ways to get new members and generally making the society fun again. This is on top of the things like managing the finances,so I'm going to be a busy bunny.


5) Pole Dancing Loughborough has a pole dancing society and I'm determined to join it next year and if they keep their classes at the same time I should be able to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment